.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Politicians, take note

I watched the State of the State address today. In order to help close the budget deficit, Governor Daniels proposes a one year, one percent surtax on individuals making over $100,000 a year, promising a veto of any attempt to extend the tax, and veto any tax that is being used to avoid needed budget cuts.

I guarantee that taxpayers will be more amenable to a temporary tax. And anyone who demands that TAX CUTS be temporary who doesn't also applaud this temporary TAX INCREASE is a true hypocrite.

A good line from the speech: in acknowledging that cuts to programs will be tough, he made the important point that "taxpayers deserve compassion too." It's a point all politicians should remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home