.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I guess we're not needed?

So Indonesia wants foreign troops to leave, the sooner the better?

I can think of two responses. One, agree. “Yes, we’ll leave. Immediately.” However, that would not be fair for the people who need our assistance.

A better response: Share the words of Vice President Jusuf Kalla with the people we’re aiding. If there’s a video of the demand available, bring a portable DVD player and show the clip, subtitled in the local language if originally spoken in English. Let the people know what their “leaders” think of them. Let them see that giving them aid is less important to their leaders than staying free from the presence of benevolent foreign powers.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Joel said...

While our political views don't usually coincide, that was exactly the same reaction I had to that story about Indonesia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home