.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Over $30

For a long time, I narrowly avoided spending more than $30 to fill my gas tank. Several fill-ups ended up being $29 and change.

Last time I filled my tank, with it lower than normal and gas prices higher than before, I blew past that level, ending up around $33.

Now, prices are even higher, and I need to fill up tomorrow. Just wonderful.

Still, gas prices aren't changing my behavior. I already travel with friends if we're going to the same place. But I'm not going to stay home if I'm the only one going, or shorten my trip to allow more people to carpool. I'm unlikely to carpool, as co-workers don't necessarily work the same hours, and doing so would mean I couldn't stop at the store on the way home. (Combining trips is one of those tips to save gas, so carpooling just to be forced to take another trip seems counterproductive.)

I still believe that Varifrank's suggestion is by far the best way to cut down on gas usage.

2 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger Pigilito said...

You'll get no sympathy from me. Here in Switzerland I pay the equivalent of 60 dollars to fill my Passat (about 16 gallons).

It kills me whenever I fill up and remember the low prices in the States when we moved here nearly 3 years ago.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Greg said...

That price is about 75% taxes, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home