.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Much More Music!

I've mentioned before that I have a lot of CDs, over 1,000 at last count.

The setup: 4 Napa Valley wooden CD cases, each holding 96 CDs. Currently 40% filled with CD singles, the rest with CDs. All these CDs have unusual cases (not the standard jewel box with black tray). Atop two of the cases, a row of anime soundtracks, double-CD sets, and assorted compilations, plus some oversized box sets.

That's roughly half the CDs. The rest were moved into CaseLogic CD carriers (currently I have six). Hundreds of boring jewel boxes now litter the landfills in two states.

That's a lot of CDs. And starting this month, I'm going to listen to them all, in order. The CD singles will be listened to at home, and the CDs in the car. After finishing the ones still in their jewel boxes, I'll switch to the ones in the CD carriers. Currently, I'm only on the Bs for CDs, but into the Es for the shorter CD singles.

The A albums included:
ABC
Ace of Base
Annie
Anything Box
Aqua
A*Teens
Atomic Kitten

I'm curious to see how long it will take.

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger honestpartisan said...

I agree with Blue, although I guess I'm more selective: my ipod has only about 3380 songs, about 12 GB's, a little bit shy of 9 days' worth of listening. One of the main benefits is that not every song on an album is worth listening to; I cull out the wheat from the chaff. Whatever, different strokes for different folks. I recommend the ipod and leave it at that.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Greg said...

I probably should get an IPod or at least a better MP3 player than the one I have (that only holds about 50 songs). However, I'm rarely wearing headphones nowadays, so it's doubtful how much use I'd get out of one.

I also like so many songs, that I can't listen to them all. Even years after buying them, I still enjoy them when I play them.

Right now, the MP3 player competes with a portable DVD player and laptop computer for waiting for planes and such things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home