.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Monday, June 11, 2007

To save Africa

Kenyan economist James Shikwati is interviewed by Der Spiegel. Upon mention of economic aid for Africa, he immediately responds "for God's sake, please just stop." He then goes on to describe the consequences to African farmers and tailors when donations of food and clothes arrive on their shores.

It's well known that decades of foreign aid haven't worked. I've often attributed that to the extensive corruption in Africa. Shikwati's interview highlights the basic economics that also contribute to this reality. Read the whole thing!

Via Instapundit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home