.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Another victim of discrimination?

Actor Wesley Snipes is a victim of "unscrupulous tax advice" and is being selectively targeted for prosecution on federal tax evasion charges because he is black, his attorneys argue in a motion to dismiss the indictment.


Oh, really? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his tax evasion is at the root of these tax charges. Just look at the details further in the article.

According to the indictment, his taxes were prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. The firm American Rights Litigators would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients, according to the indictment.


Those who live in the world of fantasy, where people are told they're better because they look good and can convincingly portray different roles, might just believe that they're special enough to make use of superior tax breaks that ordinary people don't get.

Those of us who live in the real world recognize a potential scam when we see it. The key is this company does not receive a flat fee for services rendered, indicating a strong motive to be overly aggressive. At the very least, if I had tons of money and was given an offer like this, I'd get a second opinion. Since I live in reality, I know that it's ultimately me that will pay the price if these accountants passed from accountancy's grey areas to breaking the law.

So... Is American Rights Litigators a subsidiary of Bendini, Lambert & Locke?

4 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Speedergurl68 said...

Oh....my....GOD!! I can't believe he is playing that rediculous and trite card!!! I swear..the very next time something happens to me that I don't like I am gonna scream up and down that it happened to me because I am a female! Al Capone was prosecuted and convicted because of tax evasion...was it only because he was an Italian? Leona Helmsley was also prosecuted and convicted of tax evasion...was it because she was white? OH! OH! I know it was because she was a woman!!! Get over it people! I keep seeing marches and protests for equal treatment...well...welcome to the world....you break the freaking law...you get punished!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Joan said...

How many people realize that the taxes imposed by the IRS are illegal in the first place? Look it up. The IRS can’t even produce the law which says we have to pay!! Look up Ed & Elain Brown. That proposed tax law was NEVER ratified! Look it up. We have been lied to and scammed for decades and decades. Taxes and double taxation. If more people KNEW this and stood up for their rights, we would absolutely be able to get rid of this CORRUPT organization. This is nothing more than organized crime. Don’t believe me? Spend some time and do the RESEARCH! You’ll be surprised. It is TRUE.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Crunch said...

Did Snipes check off the box on his return asking for his race???
It wasn't on my return.....

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Good points, speedergurl68 and crunch. Yeah, my tax forms didn't have a check box for race. There was one about being over 65 or blind, one for filing status, and that one for donating to campaign funds, but nothing about race.

Joan,

I'm sure you've rebutted everything in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_statutory_arguments

Snopes's humorous reply: "Well, yes, the IRS is a scam, but it's one you are legally obligated to participate in, so what are you gonna do?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home