.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Too cold for kids?

Television stations will often scroll school closures and delays along the bottom of the screen. This winter, I've seen several school delays despite clear weather, just because it's cold out.

When did this start happening? For most of elementary school, I walked to school, no matter what the weather. (It wasn't ten miles, it wasn't always snowing, and it certainly wasn't uphill both ways.) And if we arrived early, we had to stay outside until first bell. (Not that you had to twist our arms to get us to spend more time on the playground, of course.) We only got to go inside if it was raining. I remember one time when several of us kids went inside because it was cold, and we got scolded by the school administration.

My, how times have changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home