.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Survivor: U.S. Congress

An open casting call happened recently for the TV series Survivor. An interesting detail was included in the newspaper writeup:

Also, if you are selected as a contestant, you cannot run for public office
until after the show your are on is broadcast.

That's a rather strange prohibition.

Now, in a sane world, such a statement wouldn't be necessary, as no one would be willing to vote for someone who was on reality TV. But with fame the way it is, it's probably a necessary clause.

But that gives me an idea for a reality TV series I'd watch. Send Jack Abramoff and other corrupt lobbyists and Congressmen to a remote island. Let the winner come back to Congress with a full pardon. The others get to leave Washington for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home