.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Someone needs to do the math!

I received a fundraising letter from my alma mater, soliciting donations to help fund the new Physical Science Complex. Among the departments to use the new building will be the mathematics department.

In discussing how a one-to-one match will work, the letter states:

"A multi-year pledge, as well as a one-time gift, qualifies for the one-to-one match. A $1,000 pledge paid over five years at $250 annually, for example, will provide $2000 for the campaign."


Ummm... $1000, paid over five years, would be $200 annually.

I swear, the mathematics department isn't that bad! My degree is worth something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home