.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Monday, January 16, 2006

On batteries

Every battery I have seems to drain far faster than it should. I can't leave batteries in my deactivated .mp3 player, lest the power be drained next time I use it. Portable phones lose their charge quickly. The same thing is true for my cell phone and digital camera.

But there's one battery that's a champion performer. The tiny battery in the NES "The Legend of Zelda" cartridge, which preserves saved game information, still works. The game manual said the battery should be good for five years. The game is nearly 20 years old, and yet the still works.

The NES is over 20 years old. Now THAT makes me feel old.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Joel said...

I am stunned that anyone even has a The Legend of Zelda game still lying around somewhere. Talk about holding on to your childhood!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Greg said...

There are plenty of avid collectors of classic video games. If you had kept some of the rarer Atari 2600 games, you could sell them for far over their original purchase price.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger gecko said...

I'm very happy for you! My NES diedf years ago...For that matter so did my SuperNES...

My Playstation still kicks it though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home