.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'm Hooked on You

My first stab at opinion writing came through a stint on the Daily Tar Heel editorial staff my junior year in college. I saved the editorials I wrote, and will someday post them to my Web page.

One of the benefits of writing for a college paper is the work wasn't always treated seriously. Here's one editorial I wrote, essentially making fun of a study that pointed out the obvious: caffeine is addictive.

Excerpt:
Now that caffeine addiction shares similar traits with alcoholism and drug addiction, perhaps it's time for the federal government to ban caffeine. Javaheads at college campuses around the country would then found branches of NORCL (National Organization for the Reform of Caffeine Laws). Students would stage sip-ins in the Pit. Some caffeine dealer would get rich supplying South Campus from the comfort of his Ehringhaus dorm room.

Follow the link to read the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home