.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

What a scam!

I set aside one letter I received in the mail, knowing it to be blogworthy.

The Las Vegas, Nevada Actionable Award Program indicated I had a confirmed prize of $3,341,006.00. This wasn't the "You may already be a winner!" type of sweepstakes form, it claims I actually have money coming to me. They just want $20.

The only fine print says "LVAAP is a service offered to our customers that provides information on available sweepstakes that are open to the public for entry. Subscribers are solely responsible for investigating, viewing, and complying with any and all rules, restrictions, requirements, or provisions set forth in all sweepstakes...."

In other words, it's a scam. The scam nature was quickly confirmed by checking Google, with the first five links all talking about the scam. Now, if only I had something heavy to put in their postage-paid envelope!

The Better Business Bureau, of course, deems LVNAAP to be an unsatisfactory business. It says the unlicensed company is operated by Lapham, Vargas & Cornell, P.O. Box 98855, Las Vegas, NV 89193.

www.aarpelderwatch.org/public/alerts/sweepstakes_scheme.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff165838.htm

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger gecko said...

I love returning postage paid envelopes back empty! I know, I know, burden on the Poastal system...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home