.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Berlin Wall?

The House of Representatives approved 700 miles of wall for the U.S.-Mexico border, with priority for the city of Laredo, Texas. It's regrettable that a lack of respect for international borders would lead to this development.

One stupid response to the wall:

Mexico's National Human Rights Commission described the U.S. measure as "part of a tendency to criminalize migration with a wall that calls to mind the Berlin Wall."


Don't they realize that the Berlin Wall was designed to keep the people IN Berlin, while this wall is to keep people OUT OF the U.S.?

(I can't claim credit for this comparison. I think President Reagan said something similar to a Soviet leader.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home