.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Why wasn't he still in prison?

A teen who was given a second chance after he beat and stomped a little girl to death when he was 12 has been accused of holding up a pizza deliveryman at gunpoint and was ordered held without bond Wednesday.

Lionel Tate, now 18, touched off a debate over Florida's practice of prosecuting juveniles as adults when he became the youngest person in modern U.S. history to be sentenced to life in prison for the 1999 killing of 6-year-old Tiffany Eunick. He initially blamed her death on wrestling moves he said he copied from television.


This evil person (who was totally aware that what he was doing was wrong) was given a second chance, by people who thought that he deserved leniency due to his age. Now, it looks like his original sentence should have been upheld. Were he still in prison, he wouldn't have (allegedly) committed this crime.

1 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger gecko said...

You know, I once claimed Florida as my state of choice. Several hundred reports of child abuse/molestation/killings later, I have doubts. I don't think I've turned on the TV in the last month without hearing something involving kids in Florida...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home