.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Star Wars allegories

I haven't had time to see Episode III yet, surprisingly enough. Not surprising is the attention the movie gets through the blogosphere. There's a certain crossover between those who embrace computer-based communities like this and those who favor movies like Star Wars.

Mickey Kaus clues us in as to what Episode III is an allegory for. Hint: it's not the Bush administration!

And we shouldn't forget this gem from the time of Episode II's release, where Jonathan Last made the case for the Empire.

1 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Blogger gecko said...

Thanks! I found the case for the empire quite convincing.

Think about the Republic being the UN and Clinton as Darth Vader...scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home