.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Turn of the century?

Virginia Postrel wrote recently:

New regulations come from two places: new legislation, often in response to some sort of momentary panic (think Sarbanes-Oxley, the extraordinarily costly response to turn-of-the-century corporate scandals), and continuous bureaucratic rule making. In its first term, the Bush administration exercised unusual restraint in producing new regulations.

I clearly came of age in the 20th century, because when I read "turn-of-the-century," I immediately think 1900, not 2000.

At least now, I think the changes seen as of the turn of the 20th century will dwarf those seen as of the turn of the 21st century. But 100 years from now, people may look at things differently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home