.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

She rocked out to Wham! Not a big Limp Bizkit fan

The latest volume of the Now hits compilation features 1985 by Bowling for Soup, currently my favorite song on the compilation. Although I'm younger than the song's protagonist, I appreciate the song's reference to my favorite musical decade.

And nothing has been alright since
Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV

(my favorite line)

That's another song I would have purchased a physical single for, but of course none was issued. Since the band's genre of music is not to my tastes, I wouldn't buy the album. And since I have the song now, there's no need to download the song, and thus investigate the band further.

For some reason, the local Top 40 station was an early supporter of Bowling for Soup, playing their song Girl All The Bad Guys Want long before it broke (such that it did) nationwide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home