.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Daylight Savings Time: a lifesaver!

I was in California this past weekend, so I missed out on all the fun downtown with the Final Four. I also missed out on a severe storm that damaged the One Indiana Square skyscraper (the Regions Bank building):



In the Indianapolis Star blog of Matthew Tully, he makes the following comment:

Because consider what my colleague Ted Kim pointed out this morning: Daylight-saving time meant Sunday's free John Mellencamp concert ended an hour earlier than it otherwise would have. Without DST, the storm would have hit during the concert -- and before roughly 80,000 people headed home.

There you have it. Daylight Savings Time: Not only does it curtail confusion for people elsewhere in the country, it saves lives.

In all seriousness, I'm glad people got to safety, and that there were few injuries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home