.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I love Wal-Mart!

I'm feeling left out of this controversial Wal-Mart/blogger/PR debate (see Iowa Voice, for example). Some bloggers have been getting press releases from Wal-Mart after writing favorably about them. Me? I get nothing.

Hmmm... maybe because I haven't written anything about Wal-Mart here? Dang!

I must be remembering comments left over at Wal-Mart foe Honest Partisan.

I do like Wal-Mart, like how their lower prices help out lower income folks, like how they have jobs for lesser experienced workers that offer room for career advancement.

However, I actually do most of my shopping at the grocery store within walking distance of the office, and on the way home. I probably only shop at Wal-Mart a couple of times a month, only to pick up a few types of items (medicine, cleaning supplies, some prepackaged food; never clothes). I don't have a Super Wal-Mart nearby, so I can't compare grocery prices.

It's good I don't go there often. One of the best items at the store is a "trail mix" which has three types of candy chips, several types of dried fruit, and a few nuts; one bag is equal to a pound and a half of weight gain, but it's very delicious weight gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home