.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What's the message, Barry?

Barry Saunders, columnist at the Raleigh (N.C.) News and Observer, is perhaps the first journalist to dive off the deep end.

Accident my eye. Or rather, Harry Whittington's eye.

If you believe it was just an accident that Vice President Dick Cheney shot his hunting companion last weekend, you obviously have never seen "The Godfather" movies.

Just as surely as a fish wrapped in a bulletproof vest means "Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes," that shotgun blast to Whittington's face was meant to convey that I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby had better bite his tongue and forget about testifying against Cheney, his former boss, in the Valerie Plame spy case.

I've asked Mr. Saunders to please send me his column from July 1993, discussing the message sent by the suspicious death of Vince Foster. Any bets on whether or not I get a response?

One additional note: Kudos to the News and Observer for quickly correcting an erroneous factual assertion in Mr. Saunder's column.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Joel said...

If he's concerned about Scooter Libby, why the hell did he shoot Harry Whittington? I think the veep would have been much better off shooting Libby instead, don't you? As much as I joke about Cheney's intentions in shooting his hunting buddy, even I'm not crazy-liberal enough to believe he meant to do it. Stupid accident with unfortunate results; time to move on. If, God forbid, Whittington dies, I do think there should be a more extensive investigation, but I'm sure the vice president will be cleared. Just because he's the VP doesn't make him any less likely to make stupid mistakes.

Obviously.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger K. Pablo said...

That is beyond non-sequitur, deep into tinfoil hat territory...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home