.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

An observation

Many on the left are opposed to the federal government listening in on conversations between American residents and suspected al-Qaeda operatives. They claim that is a violation of fundamental privacy rights.

I will venture that over 90% of these people are not opposed to restrictions on the fundamental right to keep and bear arms (and thus defend one's life). And some of these restrictions (banning all handguns and "assault weapons") are far broader and affect more people than the group of people who have conversations with al-Qaeda terrorists.

So, tell me, why is only one of these restrictions on our rights a dangerous violation of the Constitution?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home