.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Storm of the Century

Check out the blizzard that hit the Northeast. 26 inches in New York City, and 21 inches from Baltimore to Maine?

It's times like these that make me glad I no longer live in Connecticut. (That, and how early it gets dark in winter; that's why I never want to see Indiana move to the Central Time Zone.)

The four winters I was there were nothing spectacular. There was the occasional heavy snow, but nothing like this nor'easter.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger honestpartisan said...

Maybe it depends on where in Indiana you live. I grew up in Chicago and went to college in downstate Illinois, where I don't think the weather is too different from Indiana, and then moved to New York. Winters in New York are easier to deal with than winters in the Midwest, in my view. This winter in particular has been really mild up until the snowstorm. As an old law school roommate of mine from Iowa used to tell me, New York winters are "pussy winters".

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Central Indiana. I'm away from the snow belt (e.g. Michigan City), with its lake-effect snow. And there's (sometimes) a temperature band between, say, Fort Wayne and Indianapolis, with snow to the north and rain to the south.

The winters here suck, but objectively, they're not that bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home