.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Cartoon equality

Here's a sign of equality of the sexes!

Half of the cartoons on 4Kids TV (Fox) Saturday morning this season are primarily targeted towards girls!

Magical DoReMi (the anime Ojamajou Doremi)
Mew Mew Power (the anime Tokyo Mew Mew)
Bratz
Winx Club (I think it's an Italian import)

I don't remember cartoons in the 80's ever being targeted towards girls. I grew up with shows like The Smurfs, with all of one or two female characters (depending on the season) and plenty of other shows with two or three token girls.

Now, one of those shows isn't continuing, though....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home