.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Dragostea Din Tei (Ma Ya Hi) Update

Take a look at this SiteMeter graph:



That graph highlights an increase in traffic that started because I started blogging about an unbelievably catchy dance track.

And since so many people are coming to this blog via Web searches for information on Dragostea Din Tei by O-Zone or Haiducci (the song also known as Ma Ya Hi by Dan Balan featuring Lucas Prata), I thought I'd establish a summary post linking to the entries related to the song and video.

Link to the "Numa Numa Dance" by Gary Brolsma. Original lyrics and their English translation.

Information from Billboard on the English version, and first week chart information. A link to a Real Media version of the Today show performance.

Lyrics for the English version of the song

Update: Fourth week chart position.

A flash anime set to the song.

Update: Fifth week chart position.

Update: Sixth week lack of chart position.

Courtesy of Gecko and Sheryl, here's the video for the O-Zone version of the song. Once you watch that one, check out the video version rendered with Lego bricks. And a Flash animation showing Gary Brolsma singing as part of Americal Idol.

.mp3 of the original song.

8 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Big Ben said...

Just popped over here from Riding Sun (which, by the way, is ridingsun.blogspot.com, not gaijinbiker like you have on your sidebar.)

Great job with the numanumablogging!
I found that soramimi anime shockwave about a month ago and couldn't stop laughing, and my two-year-old daughter loves to rock out to the song. That's a seriously infectious tune.
Too bad the English version is so lame, huh?

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Doumo sumimasen for getting your URL wrong! That's what I get for not cutting and pasting the URL. I've updated the link.

Yes, the English version just isn't as catchy.

I must say, I'm jealous that you're living in Japan. I would love to visit the country.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Big Ben said...

Just to avoid confusion:
The guy you're linking to, Gaijin Biker, is a conservative-leaning gaijin biker who blogs at Riding Sun(ridingsun.blogspot.com). I am Big Ben, a liberal-leaning gaijin biker who has a blog I pretty much never post on called "Gaijin Biker"(gaijinbikers.blogspot.com) and I also run a site called Gaijin Bikers in Japan that is mostly in Japanese and has a large Japanese readership.
That we both comment regularly on each other's blogs just makes it even more confusing. Never met him in real life but he seems like a cool guy.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Greg said...

Not a joke. Basically, I wanted this post to be the first one seen by all those people coming here looking for information on the song, so I have the date artificially advanced.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger gecko said...

Haven't been here in a while; this is just too cool! Thanks.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger gecko said...

Here is a link to an O-zone video for the song, courtesy of Sheryl, left over at my blog.

Thanks for all the entertainment!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger me said...

BAG that song.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger gecko said...

Tag! I say, Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home