.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Vacation update

I'm in Copenhagen (extraneous keys on this keyboard: æøåÆØÅ) after spending several days in London. The weather has been beautiful so far. At the hotel, there's a computer with free Internet access. So here I am!

What I like so far:

Red, Yellow, Go!: When the stoplight is red, the yellow and red lights will shine briefly before the light turns green. In America, I need to watch the lights going the other way before knowing when to gun the engine.

Light: When it's still twilight at midnight, that's a wonderful thing.

Subway: The London Underground is wonderful, except for the lack of air conditioning.

Cafes: Streetside seating is abundant, and wonderful (at least this time of year).

What I don't like so far:

White Stripes: No, nothing against Jack and Meg White. It's that all stripes on the road are white. I prefer the yellow stripes being used to indicate the side of the road and the border between opposing lanes of traffic. It makes it much easier to see whether a road is one way or not.

Street signs: How hard is it to put a single sign post with two signs indicating the intersecting streets? Apparently, too hard for other nations.

Lack of air conditioning: I don't care how mild you think your climate is. Air conditioning makes it more comfortable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home