.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Review inflation?

The Chicago Tribune uses the following scale for its restaurant views:

**** Outstanding
*** Excellent
** Very Good
* Good

My first thought was, it's just like grade inflation. Who's going to think a one star review is that of a "good" restaurant?

However, on second thought, I can't think of many restaurants where I've received a truly bad meal. "Nothing special" may be the description of the food at a greasy spoon diner, but the food tastes fine. So maybe the worst restaurant is best described as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home