.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Plugging another Webcomic

From the topic of debate on a mailing list discussing another Webcomic, I was pointed to Better Days.

Then there's this strip, with a pretty typical liberal teacher responding to some common sense from one of her young students.

President Jimmy Carter
Just because the President is from our state, people think he is good. I know a kid named Billy who is from Georgia, and he is retarded. He rides the short bus....

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger gecko said...

Thanks, I got through chapter six, before I made myself detach from the computer screen...

The liberal teacher story, although extreme, does fit my current fears. I have a nine year old girl in school and I'm often suspitious of some of the things she is taught. I'm sure I'll have to be ever vigilant, while performing damage control on a daily basis. Maybe I'll just go to the other extreme and put her in Catholic school...

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Disclaimer: I have no kids, but that won't stop me from commenting....

Just be involved in your daughter's education. Ask her what she's learning. She's certainly old enought to know the difference between fact and opinion. "George Washington was our first President" vs. "George Washington was our greatest President." Explain that for opinions like that, you should make your decision based on facts. But other people will point out different facts, and people may weigh the evidence in different ways. They have different opinions, but they're not necessarily wrong or right. The kind of opinions that are wrong are often based on wrong facts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home