.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

An idea for record promotion

I have been listening extensively to a compilation called State of Synthpop 2003. 5 CDs, 85 songs, 85 artists from several indie record labels, focusing on a style of music that doesn't get any popular attention anymore. The price is very reasonable: $28.00. The coolest thing is the compilation contains tracks from three labels and numerous independent artists, coming from several countries.

Other styles of music without the large base of pop, R&B, and country probably are in similar situations. I'd love to see indie labels work together to expand exposure for their own scenes!

I certainly don't have time to search out every band and every subgenre of music, so I rely on compilations to introduce me to new bands. A cool song leads to visiting the band's web site, listening to other sound clips, checking out the lyrics, and perhaps purchasing some new CDs. I've bought CDs from two bands already, and plenty of others from listening to earlier compilations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home