.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Another spoof e-mail

A spoof e-mail purportedly from eBay:

Hello ,
Did you receive the payment for the item ?Please get back to me as soon as possible and let me know when you will ship the item to me.I wait for your email.Thank you

This e-mail is sent in a format resembling official communication, appearing to be a question from a member about a transaction. That's more effective than the normal "your account has been deactivated" e-mails. However, this particular e-mail would be more effective if:

1) the e-mail wasn't sent to multiple addresses in the CC box, suspiciously all starting with R and in alphabetical order;
2) all links didn't go to the same page;
3) the link was on a site that clearly wasn't eBay;
4) the e-mail weren't allegedly from eBay UK;
5) I ever sold anything via eBay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home