.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Back to $10 Million

Sadly, I got no return from the $10 voluntary tax I paid Wednesday.

(That's 10 Powerball tickets, for those playing from home.)

It had been so long since I had bought tickets, that the Scantron form I had filled in was no longer valid. Powerball had added another two numbers to the "choose 5" bucket. (Like a 1 in 120 million chance of winning wasn't low enough.)

Now that the prize is back to a "measly" $10 million, I'll be ignoring the lottery again.

Why couldn't I be as lucky as Senator Judd Gregg?

On a whim prompted by the frenzy over Wednesday's $340 million Powerball jackpot, the New Hampshire Republican bought a ticket that matched five of the six numbers in the Powerball game.

He collected a $853,492 check Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home