.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina and the Waves

James Taranto at OpinionJournal's Best of the Web came up with the cleverest title for a discussion on Hurricane Katrina and the storm surges it would generate: Katrina and the Waves.

Sadly, the people of New Orleans will not be Walking on Sunshine anytime soon. The damaged levees means it may take months for New Orleans to recover. But I'm hoping the people of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama will be able to recover soon.

Hurricane Katrina visited here, in the form of heavy rains today. I've noticed the retention ponds look fuller this summer, with the water near the top of the pipes. We don't need more rain, but we're a lot more fortunate than other places right about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home