.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I just can't escape the snow!

More snow-blogging!

Last weekend, I ended up driving through some fresh snow in the Appalachains. This weekend, I went to Denver. The weather was just beautiful when I landed, and on Friday and Saturday. My vacation was interrupted by a friend commenting on the coming spring snowstorm. On April 10th?

Well, here's what the Weather Channel has listed for Denver for the evening of the 9th to the evening of the 10th:

Rain / Snow / Wind
Low 31° F
Precip: 100%
Windy with evening rain...then a mix of rain and snow overnight. Low 31F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Heavy Snow / Wind
High 34° F
Precip: 100%
Snowy and windy. Snow will become heavy at times during the afternoon. Much colder. Temps nearly steady in the low 30s. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Snow accumulating 8 to 12 inches.

Snow / Wind
Low 31° F
Precip: 80%
Windy. Snow ending in the evening followed by a few snow showers overnight. Low 31F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches.

Wonderful. I had to cut short my vacation. Fortunately, I was able to grab the last seat on the Saturday night flight home, meaning I didn't have to endure sitting in the Denver airport for all of Sunday and possibly all of Monday.

Out of curiosity, I'll check in tomorrow and see how bad the spring storm treated the airport.

Fair warning: I'll be in Chicago next Sunday. You may want to avoid that city. There's bound to be a surprise blizzard.

Update: Most flights Sunday were cancelled. Here's a news story from the Denver Post.

Update 2: As expected, ridiculous lines at DIA Monday. It turns out that the flight I was booked on Sunday did make it out, albeit two hours late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home