.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

24 Body Count

At Sandcastles and Cublices, they're keeping track of the deaths on the current season of 24. I haven't watched the series at all. My standard VCR program, capturing the Fox Sunday night shows, picked up a hated "encore presentation" of the show from the 4th. I chose to turn off the TV at that point (so I could blog!).

If I had a free weekend and were feeling lazy, I might be interested in watching the whole series on a DVD Box Set. But since I typically miss many episodes of a series, I don't want to watch 24 in its original broadcast.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Dave Justus said...

I have exactly the same thoughts as you on this. Looks like it might be an enjoyable show, but I know I won't see all (or even most) of them so I will never know what is going on.

So why bother to watch any.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger gecko said...

I skip most of the shows on Sci-Fi for this very reason. I usually just flit around the dial these days...

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Man of Issachar said...

The DVD set is SOOO worth it.

You sit down to watch one, and you end up watching 5.

I can finish off a DVD set in about a week.

I think TV on DVD is a huge step forward for the TV industry, but once TV stations move to a downloadable real time content format for major shows, you will see an intresting trend of more people watching more shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home