.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Who's #1?

Although I'd like to see UNC be ranked #1, I think it's fair for Illinois to retain its #1 ranking despite its recent loss. Too often, a losing team is reflexively dropped a position or two. I dislike how the polls often work, where an early loss is given less weight, like a weighted average with more credibility for recent experience. It isn't as much a problem in basketball as it is in football, with the smaller number of games. If you're going to be 10-1 in NCAA football, you're in much better position if you lose one of your first two games than if you lose later in the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home