.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Further thoughts on the Pistons-Pacers brawl

Despite the clear flaw in security at the Palace, in allowing fans to throw objects on the court and storm onto the court, there hasn't even been an apology from the facility.

To me, the most regrettable thing is the horrible incentive that David Stern offered, by not punishing the Detroit Pistons as an organization. Are you a super fan, willing to do anything to support your local team? Wait until your hated rival comes to play. Attempt to start a brawl. If the players bite, you can expect penalties that will cripple your rival. I would not be surprised to see this happen in the NBA later this year.

What I would like to see is the commissioner able to ban a team from the post-season, much like the NCAA bans teams who commit violations. Had the Pistons been told that they would stay home this postseason, you can be sure every team would increase security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home