.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Barenaked Ladies No More?

Surprising news: Steven Page is leaving Barenaked Ladies. That's like Difford or Tilbrook leaving Squeeze... can the band really be the same?

An amusing line from the article:

2008 was a rough year for the band. First Page was charged with drug possession in upstate New York last July, just weeks after the Barenaked Ladies released a children's album, 'Snacktime.'


Since marijuana was one of the drugs discovered, the album name takes on a whole new meaning.

My BNL collection consists of the single for One Week, plus Pinch Me on a compilation album. But I really like One Week, particularly the reference to Sailor Moon, which was surprisingly more successful in Canada than the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home