.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Monday, September 22, 2008

The new cookbook

Found stashed on my computer, from around the time of the release of the 4th edition of Dungeons & Dragons, is this Wired article, discussing how gamers would react to a new edition of a cookbook.

Among my favorite comments is this one, from one of those people who demands total realism in their game:

I just have to laugh at the recipe for Beef Wellington. In Wellington's day, ovens didn't have temperature settings! And pate de foie gras certainly didn't come in cans. It's like the authors didn't even care about replicating authentic early 19th century cooking techniques!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home