.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Just finished Book 7

It was remarkably hard to pick up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at midnight Friday, then set the book aside and attend to other plans for the weekend. And it was also hard to read Sunday night, then put aside the book and actually get some sleep, then not touch it until after coming home from work. But now I'm done. I found the conclusion satisfying, although I would love to see how the world develops.

On a spoiler-free topic of discussion, Megan McArdle is unhappy with the lack of a consistent economic system for the Harry Potter series' magical world. I suspect J. K. Rowling actually has put more thought into this topic than has shown in the books; after all, the books are long enough without a detailed treatise on the fundamentals of magical exchange.

The one question I have is, how do all these Muggle-born wizards, lacking any of the wizardly world's coinage, buy all of their school supplies?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home