.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Criminal incompetence


By now, you've probably seen JunkYardBlog's reports on New Orleans' flooded buses, and how they were supposed to be used to evacuate those citizens of New Orleans who didn't have any other way to escape. Just take a look at the above picture.

Bryan Preston does some quick calculations using the 66 per school bus figure you may remember from your school days. (I remember it!) However, if I recall correctly, that was at 3 people per seat, which was reasonable for elementary school kids, but not for adults. (However, something tells me people would have been willing to be squished in for an uncomfortable bus ride to Houston or Baton Rouge, given the alternative.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home