.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Is voter ID needed?

Some people (suspiciously all Democrats) say that requiring a photo ID to vote isn't necessary, that no one would try to steal votes, especially in a place like Indiana.

Think again.

Andrea Neal's latest column quotes someone with more experience monitoring elections than you or I, former sheriff Kelly Bachman of South Bend. Her experience:

"Having served as a sheriff during the election years of 1998-2000, I have first-hand experience with probable voter fraud," she said. "Especially during the 2000 election. Because we couldn't ask for an ID, I was unable to act upon my suspicions when a voter would have to ask the guy next to him, 'Now what is my name again?' or another says, 'Now my address is such-and-such, right?' It was pitiful."

Remember, an illegal vote is like someone putting a gun to your head and preventing you from voting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home