.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

PC... is your child at risk?

Driving through a nearby neighborhood, I saw a sign: "Vision impaired child area."

Now, back in my less PC youth, my neighborhood had a deaf child. There was a sign there, too. It said in big, bold letters: "Deaf Child."

The PC sign mentioned above is printed with significantly smaller text. Four lines, not two. It doesn't have as big of an impact on your vision as you pass.

I wonder if a driver, new to the area, is more likely to miss the sign. If so, doesn't that increase the risk for the child the city is trying to protect?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home