.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A dubious criticism

Columnist Ellen Goodman criticizes Representative Bill Tauzin for subsidizing a Hooters restaurant in Louisiana. Because the column highlights various anti-woman people and actions, I don't think she's criticizing Rep. Tauzin for the horribly unconstitutional federal funding of a local project.

So since Hooters is offensive to some women (and men), the federal government shouldn't support it. I can understand the argument.

Hmm...

I wonder if Ms. Goodman supports federal funding of abortion?

Just asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home