From Waiter Rant, here's something that needed to be said, and said bluntly:
HOW TO USE A CELLPHONE WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Some good points:
4. Talk normally. There’s no need to yell. If your surroundings are too loud maybe you shouldn’t be using your phone.
5. If you have to say, “Can you hear me now?” five times – they can’t. Hang up.
11. If your call gets dropped, wait a few minutes and get into a better coverage area before calling back. Don’t frantically try calling me back NINE times in thirty seconds forcing me to listen to static. I don’t like you that much.
18. Unless you’re expecting a call from God - turn off your phone in church, synagogue, or the mosque.
19. Set the ringer volume below an ear shattering 200 decibels.