.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Generic Confusion

When you leave, my blog just fades to grey
Nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei


News? Check. Politics? Check. Music? Check. Random thoughts about life? Check. Readership? Ummm.... let me get back to you on that. Updated when I feel like I have something to say, and remember to post it.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Eberron

Two years ago, Wizards of the Coast announced a contest sure to attract attention: design a new world for the Dungeons and Dragons game, with a $100,000 prize. That world is Eberron. From what I've seen, it looks interesting. I ran some games at Gen Con set in the world, but the details of the world really weren't the focus. There should be a new campaign starting in January.

I heard second-hand about another game company complaining about the political struggles in Eberron being a little too close to their own campaign world. But on the other hand, I see similarities (the development of magic as an analog to technology) between Eberron and the world I've worked on for years. That world is almost entirely in my head, so I know it's just a case of great minds thinking alike. (Although I didn't get $100k, alas. Yes, I submitted an entry, but it wasn't this world, since I thought it wasn't distinct enough. Anyway, I knew my entry wasn't very good, so I was not surprised to be among the thousands of losers.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home